Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sunday

Will we ever win a draw at The Big House? We were there again this afternoon for yet another one and while we were happy for the three people who each walked away with $5,000 we may have been happier if it had been one of us! Ah well, there's always next time! And even though we didn't win, we still had a great time and were very appreciate of the nap in the room between the 3pm and 5pm draws (I attribute the need for a nana-nap to last night's late television viewing!)

That time, though, could have been spent in going across the road to the Gold Coast Convention Centre to see the fantasy expo - Supernova. It was amazing to see the folk who did go; they had spent a lot of time and/or money on their costuming - there were a couple of Caped Crusaders who looked better than the original (hmmm, which original?)

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I left S in bed while I went poolside to do the weekly call with Tr. We had only just started when the leaf-blowing man arrived, but by shielding the microphone in my hand, I was able to cut out most of the noise! Having tried to do the call on 3G before, we decided not to push it and try video so it was a voice call - well, almost, I could still see her. That seemed to work well and we were not plagued by the technical issues that usually overtake us when I try to make the call from "out".

Then it was on to the Markets and some more video footage of Mouse. It was funny to see the reaction of the group when I was doing the filming too, and in the end, I had to tell them to pretend I wasn't there! It was a good day for doing the video too - everyone was in fine form; but I missed the rousing rendition of Happy Birthday (which is just as well because that could present copyright and royalty issues) for V and N who celebrate their birthday within a couple of days of each other. (It was N who saw David Hasselhoff in Sydney recently - which must have been while he was in town to film Celebritry Apprentice which is just hitting our (well, not actually ours) television screens now.)

After The Big House draws we made our way back to Latimers so I could at pretend to try to get an early night - and hopefully a good start to the week - especially since there's Trivia tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment