Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tuesday

I finally caught up with J today - for a coffee at Crestwood Zarraffas. She was on her way home after work and we had arranged to meet there so I could loan them the camera so R can use it tomorrow night at the concert. The concert ... one of the hottest tickets in Brisbane - maybe in Australia. One Direction. R (14) had bid for the ticket on eBay and won - for just under $600. I was horrified when J told me - why on earth wasn't she taking charge of her on this, especially as J kept getting the message that R had been outbid? It was her money, J told me, as though that made it okay. I suppose it was a big lesson for R to learn - especially when she realised that she couldn't just say that she had changed her mind at the end of the process and withdraw her last, winning bid. J had to make up the last $60 or so and the rest of it wiped out the money that R had set aside. Hopefully it will be worth it. But the good news is that she has a ticket to One Direction ... and on the weekend she starts orientation at McDonalds.

I didn't make it home in time to do the mowing - and I think it was still just a little bit wet. Better luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment