Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Monday

I am trying very hard not to wish the weekend away - so I've decided to see if I can convince myself that today is yesterday - meaning there are still two more days to go before returning to The Big Work House. And what better way to do that than taking us off to breakfast in Broadbeach (at Alto).

We were a hairsbreadth away from making the tip trip this morning, but decided to postpone it to later in the day - which would have been a good plan except that M was delayed doing Russian-errands with Mouse - but never mind, there's always the weekend, and in the meantime we can see if we can fit some more in!

"I can be big or small" was the first clue to the Baffler question at Trivia this evening and, amazingly, even though I somehow managed to guess it first go - we didn't ever put "dinosaur" on the answer sheet. During the next rounds ("I can be mean or nice", "I can and sometimes do fly" and "I'm in films and books") we suggested other things - planets, dogs, dragons - and when finally they announced they had the winning entry, S, especially, was very excited, sure that the one team who had won (sometimes there are more) was us with our "dragon". Alas, no, it was someone else with "dinosaur". "But there weren't any nice dinosaurs" suggested S - and I couldn't help but remind her of Dino in The Flintstones - and there are probably others! And they're right, it may be a while before I forget to talk about this! Of course, it may also be a while before I trust myself to just put dinosaur if I think it's the right answer!

M did the furries while we were out - and noted that Tink had been sick - so it's off to the vet for a check-up (and vaccination) with her tomorrow. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

I was surprised that we didn't see anything of The Great K (except for Friday Night dinner) over the long weekend. Hopefully he was busy moving into a new student household rather than head down-tail up with the books and computer all weekend.

So, Monday, and the Russians don't have a public holiday. Will they be in touch overnight about the invitations for Mouse and M's trip? As the catchphrase in Ultraman used to say: (because of Earth's polluted atmosphere, Ultraman can only maintain his giant size for three minutes) ... time is running out!

No comments:

Post a Comment