Sunday, April 8, 2012

Saturday

Poor Pearl. No outing for her today, except for the walk down the lane she went on with M - and then one later in the afternoon with me.

It was another late start for me - M and S were both up and at them before I had even stirred. I like this sleeping in thing - but it does make part of your day disappear - although if you're picking it up at the other end (remember those late nights?), I guess you're not really losing it.

We were back out into the world today and had arranged to meet Mouse at Robina to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". F and Mi had already seen it and said it was worth seeing. Understatement. It was amazing - I'm still tearing up every time I think of some of the scenes, which is incredible because it was definitely a "feel good" movie - more so, I think, than Slumdog Millionaire which also starred Dev Patel. It's good to see a movie which doesn't manufacture false conflict and which doesn't need car chases and explosions to carry the action. I read some of the audience reviews (after we'd been) on the movie site I use and one of them said "Fabulous movie! One of the few I would see again, immediately. Makes you feel great. Don't miss it." That sums it up! Definitely recommended!

It will be time to ROM the yard again soon - probably tomorrow - but for today there was just talk of M jumping onto the rubbish already in the bin so we can fit some more in. We still haven't made it to the tip - not quite sure of its opening hours over the Easter Break - but soon ... very soon.

This evening we were all in - S watching television and knitting; me reading, catching up on some of my series viewing, writing - and doing a calendar countdown of the last day for the Russian visa application - destined for the Russian television station so they can see that M has real reason for concern about when their invitation will arrive; the furries lounging, okay, they were inside and out; and M tidying up paperwork (although we are still puzzled why she was doing it tonight and not on the night before she leaves for overseas).

Em is still spending time in her litter box but she is also demanding to come outside, so we are taking that as a good sign. She is back on insulin and we are now moving her to every third meal she has a shot, but S wants to move that to every second meal now ... and I'm not going to argue because she does seem better on insulin - as long as she's feeling okay to start with.

We're off to the Oracle markets at Broadbeach in the morning - the Bundall markets are not on. It will be interesting to see what they have - it will be our first time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment