Sunday, November 17, 2013

Friday

There was more rain this afternoon and, to schedule, it started falling just as we were starting to get ready to go home for the weekend. But that wasn't going to stop the mass exodus from the site: as we all struggled to finish today (and, yes, I would swear that the clock was running backwards at one stage when I looked at it this afternoon) it was generally agreed that it had been a long week - especially when we found out just before lunch today that our Contracts Administrator had been made redundant and was leaving almost immediately. "You'll get used to it" AC and Le assured me - but I don't think so. It's part of an office revamp and cost-cutting exercise. As I write this, I'm remembering what AC and Le spent part of the morning doing: listing the people who had been on the Project and now, for various reasons, are not. It may be time to get my CV out to give it a dust-off - just to keep my options open. (An, watch out - I'm coming your way!)

Pearl and Maggie

AC continues to be a delight to work with - she is always handy with a funny anecdote and is great at sending herself up ... I'm still not sure if she really meant "Karaoke Chicken" as opposed to "Teriyaki Chicken". You never can tell when she's pulling your leg until it is too late and you've been taken hook, line and sinker!

Tinka, Sooz and Pearl

Sooz and I went out to the Italian restaurant that B told M about. It's Pagliacci's at Highland Park and I have to admit it was a very enjoyable experience. We certainly had our order taken and our food served much faster than we had at the Italian at Worongary a couple of weeks ago. Definitely worth another visit - especially since the food was great ... not so much the coffee but ... there was no way it was going to be absolutely perfect!

Meanwhile, M was out visiting Mouse and her friend Marion who's visiting from Toowoomba for a couple of days.

CPR training

I sat up for a while this evening watching "The Hunger Games" and am now just under half-way through. The sequel starts next weekend, I think, so I should be done by then and ready to see it with An.

By the time I went to bed, Sooz, Tinka and Pearl were fast asleep down the end - and not one of them stirred when I took photos of them, although a little while later, Tinka did come in with me and Pearl parked herself in the breezeway outside the door. Maggie and Pearl were cute earlier in the evening - both on the mat, looking very companionable.

The photos are in from the First Aid course yesterday. I'm still in awe of the amount of things I remember from the course-and not just the"fun"stuff. That's not the only reminder though ... my knees are still complaining about doing CPR training on the concrete yesterday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment