Thursday, November 28, 2013

Wednesday

Christmas is definitely coming. The decorations went up in the Office this afternoon - a flashing Christmas tree (we are going to need more batteries!), red tinsel, and photographs of trees and wreathy things and, of course, the star atop the Xmas tree. AC certainly does know about all of this stuff, and despite all the things she's been through this year, she still rises to the top. She was telling me about some (mind you, just some) and it seemed more than enough for one family - illness, funerals, police interventions... the list went on. When you hear things like that, a quiet life isn't to bad a call!

Xmas - Office style

The girls had a busy day: as well as their normal Wednesday activities: Ferry Road breakfast, Bingo and Daniel Stuart lunch, M and Sooz went off for some health checks. Then tonight M was off to the Air Supply concert at The Big House. From her Facebook post she seems to have enjoyed it: At the fabulous Air supply concert at Jupiters!! They still have it!!!

Back at Latimers, Soog and I had a catch-up sitting out in the back area Watching the afternoon fade away. I was still out there when finally I could no larger see the keyboard (I was catching up with my letter-writing!) It was nice though - listening to the birds - even some kookaburras - and watching the valley disappear under the cover of darkness. I don't know if it makes a difference but I was glad it was night when they were taking a horse up the lane in a horsefloat. It obviously was not happy and you could hear it thumping in the trailer while it was still down at B's.

The girls came in when called this evening - Maggie right away and Tinka on the second call. I love having the sensor light out near the carport ... you can tell when one of the furries has walked on by because it comes on as they do ... walk on by. It makes it a lot easier to pinpoint where they are.

There was no further roadwork today and those huge potholes ... let's call them craters because that's what they are ... are still unfilled. Hopefully they will be soon ... and I say that because there is still road works machinery up by Da's gate that looks like it just wants to finish off one (possibly two) more little jobs.

Dolly went off to the trainers in Brisbane today - which explains why Choo Choo Ma Ma is hanging out with a brown horse in their paddock - when they took Dolly out I think they put another horse in ... so there is a "pecking order" to be worked out between them.

I haven't been down to see the new foals again since the weekend. Each time I go down at the moment, I have Pearl with me, and we all know she's not really allowed past B's gate. She's tolerated most of the time when she's on the lead but it's a habit it's best she doesn't get in to. And speaking of Pearl ... I think I have a new routine worked out for our morning walk. She really doesn't seem to know it's time for a walk unless you take her out the front way - or unless you show her the lead. So now I get the lead and have it ready out the back until I have my boots on (self-imposed rule: do not walk with work boots inside the house), then I let her see the lead, pop my stuff into the boot of the car, take her up to B's with me, bring us both back, then give her some cookies I have already stashed in the car, pop her lead away, and then, presto! it's done ... I've had my walk, she's had a walk and some cookies and we're all okay to continue with the rest of the day. Problem solved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment