Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tuesday

Even though it isn't St's birthday this week he was still showing off a birthday "goodie" last night at Trivia - he now has his Seniors Card (where does the apostrophe go in this instance?) and becomes eligible for a range of discounts. He looked fairly chuffed about that ... and was just making sure it was a "real" card in the photo ... or was he intimating that it was "as good as gold".

Senior!!!

Finally we have had some rain here ... it's been a while since we had more than a few drops and the garden and lawns certainly needed it. We've had a bit more forecast for the coming days - and possibly into next week - which will probably mean the weeds will have a chance to grow again but ... that's the price you have to pay for having rainwater on the grape vines!

Sooz had a quiet day at home today - a little bit of washing, a little bit of research on a woman she saw featured on Compass over the weekend, a little bit of catching up on her television viewing. She seemed fairly relaxed by the time I arrived home - and ready to give up on the idea of a quiet evening in ... I know I don't make much noise but I am a presence in the house (hmmm ... that could be taken one of several ways) - and she had expected me to be out this evening, having dinner with Jo. I usually combine my appointment visits up that way with a Jo visit but, alas, because of other commitments - Castell's graduation (you go grlll!) - she'd had to swap shifts. No doubt we'll catch up soon though, and there's always texts to share news when we don't see each other.

Bingo is off tomorrow for the girls. Mouse and M are going to a "Flavours of the World" (I think that's what it's called) at The Big House and rather than just An and Sooz bin-going, they're trying to work out when they are all available so they can re-schedule. Staying in, though, will give Sooz a chance to catch up with Kathy - and I know they both like that.

Work was interesting today ... especially when the server went down for an hour - meaning we couldn't do anything on the computers. All our project files are hosted remotely - even more so since the directive went out at a recent Project Meeting to make sure no project files were kept on people's desktops. So, we all found different ways of filling in the time ... including AC and Le going for a walk around the block because Ced had strongly encouraged AC to get out of the office ... she was becoming a (more than usual) disruptive influence ... and that's saying a lot!

I was impressed with the furries this evening - not so much the bit with Maggie sleeping on the kitchen table, but the bit where they both came in early ... which I think had something to do with the approaching storm. When I went to bed the thunder was rumbling and the bedroom was lit up from time to time by lightning. I seriously considered unplugging the devices in case they were "zapped" but almost as soon as I had that thought, I was asleep ... meaning it was another night I failed to watch the first "Hunger Games"!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment