Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday

Markets today - and Azra had baked a cake for Mouse's birthday. It was amazing - and the very first lemon meringue cake I have ever seen. It is apparently Ne's favourite cake - which is one of the reasons we posted a photo of the cake on Face Book ... to help encourage Ne to come home!! The other reason of course was to show everyone else what a good cook Az is!

The cake Az baked

Ni was at the Markets today - and I think she was a little surprised that we were all still in birthday mode. Little does she realise that it's going to go on a bit longer as Mi has said she's planning a little something special for Mouse's birthday.

Sooz and I came straight home after The Markets, except for a brief stop-in at the Chemist and Coles. A familiar face greeted me at the Chemist - Brooke who helps Craig with the Monday night trivia at the Southport RSL. She's doing Pharmacy at University, works Saturdays at the Chemist (recently Sundays as well). She's not going to be at Trivia tomorrow night but that's okay because neither are we: FI will be taking Le to Brisbane Airport for the start of his three months of Arabic studies in Jordan. An will be away for a couple of days so she's a non-starter as well. The rest of us have therefore decided to have a night off!

I finally finished "The Hunger Games" this afternoon and was surprised that the heroine (Spoiler alert!) could manage to survive a fight to the death without actually killing anyone... oh, except the guy who killed Rue who she shot with an arrow. I'm now wondering where they'll take the sequel!

Cross-section

We had a massive storm here this afternoon - but it only lasted a few minutes. A lot of water was dumped in those few minutes though. Tinker stayed on her chair out the back throughout; Pearl was in the breezeway - and Maggie ... we hadn't seen Maggie but are fairly sure she'll have put herself in M's cupboard!

Sooz did a wonderful thing for me this afternoon - she kindly ironed shirts for me for this week. I'll need a clean shirt - all going well and to plan it will be in a picture of me in an excavator. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment