Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sunday

Tr was late for the Skype call this morning - but only by half an hour. She had become confused because of Daylight Savings Time (it strikes again!). It was okay, I had been puddling as I waited, and I always like a good "puddle"! But it did cut down on the amount of news we could exchange ... but I was able to share Blingo and news of the party with her; she was able to tell me what was happening with the Friends (of her organisation) and to assure me that there was no "rest for the wicked".

The Markets were good and even though everyone had a "leave pass" because if you weren't at An's Party you were at The Wedding (at SeaWorld) ... most of us were there by 9:15am. We've learnt that even if you're not inside and seated at the table by the appointed time, you need to make sure you're seen by someone in good time.

M had stopped in at the Nerang Markets on the way and picked up some pide, cucumbers and watermelon (and probably other things but they were the only ones I noted), and they, together with the now usual fare of bread, butter, cheese and tomato, together with some sweets Az brought along (leftovers from an event - possibly The Wedding) had the table groaning under its weight.

Sooz and I went straight home after the Markets ... time for a bit of a relax following the busyness of the last few weeks (that "project for a friend" ... which was well received on the day .. had taken up some hours).

I finally caught up with "The Blacklist" and yes, again, I did greedily view every available episode - you'd think I would have learned by now that when I do that there isn't one "to watch later". But I do have some other series stacked, plus the first "Hunger Games" which I'm hoping to get to soon - so I can go and see the Sequel with An.

A dog with a bone

Maggie was scarce most of the day - I worry about her we don't see her because she's usually "somewhere" ... that "somewhere" today was one of the few places we didn't look - in M's wardrobe!

Pearl is still doing that "puffing" - even when she hasn't been for a walk, and we don't know what that is about. And ... I don't think I mentioned that we met the woman who trained Pearl yesterday at An's party ... and were able to show her a picture of her that I'd taken that morning - Pearl chewing on a bone out under the tree ... and then another, of Pearl, inside, just holding her bone - or what was left of it - in her mouth. (I wonder where that bone ended up.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment