Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tuesday

New road

Again, breakfast at Maccas - the difference today was I looked up and there was M - who had left the house early to beat the roadworks - they're laying the hot mix today which means we should have a real road by the end of the day - but until it's set, you can't drive on it - not without doing damage to your car! So she was out, and planning to spend the day out ... and it wasn't an issue for me because I was always going to be out by the time they started, and not home until they'd finished. Still, it was good to get a text from Sooz this afternoon telling me the road was okay to drive on. It doesn't look bad either - although there are still some monster potholes up near the road which need some serious attention. I'm not saying you could lose a small car down there ... but people around here don't drive 4WDs for no reason!

Forever Sharp

Sooz made a whole pot of vegetable soup for dinner tonight (and lunch tomorrow ... yum) and she cut up the vegetables using one of the new Forever Sharp knives. She loved it ... and said it will be good if they do stay Forever Sharp ... I'm still trying to work out how that can be ... that they don't go blunt ... but, if they do, there's that lifetime warranty which will give free replacement knives. I suppose if you're that sure of your product, you can afford to be that generous with your warranty!

M changed the lightbulb in the bathroom this afternoon. It should have been a relatively easy job ... but not so much without the instructions on how the light shade came off. She finally managed it though ... only to find that it was a screw mounting for the bulb rather than a bayonet mount ... she had plenty of the latter, but only one screw one - which was only 10W rather than15W - but she fitted it any way ... and it is great to have a light back in there. (Thanks M!)

Everyone was home this evening although it seemed to be a night of separate pursuits. I managed to watch the end of an episode of "The Walking Dead" and thought about watching the first episode of the new season of "Person of Interest" but I just didn't have it in me. I was tucked up in bed just after 9 - leaving Sooz to watch Part 3 of the Keating interviews, and M supping on some toast and working on Numbers. Neither of the cats were in when I went to bed but Tinka must have come in at some point because in the early hours of the morning, I went to roll over in bed, and there she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment