Friday, November 29, 2013

Thursday

I admit it ... I was totally suckered in by "The Hunger Games Catching Fire" but still half way through I thought it was good they would have a resolution because I didn't know that I wanted to put up with the evil ways of President Snow (funny how his name would suggest all that is good and bright yet he is anything but ... in the eyes of some at least). I don't want to have to issue any SPOILER ALERTs so I'll keep quiet about what happens. The upshot ... I did enjoy it ... even though it didn't end the way I had predicted about half way through (or what I thought was half way through ... it's hard to tell in the dark). It was nice of An to come out to Nerang to see the movie. I hadn't realised how tired I would be at the end of it ... we went in at 6:20 and didn't emerge until nearly 9 o'clock!

Sooz's Mum was admitted to hospital today after her "shopper", who goes along to help her do the weekly shop and have an outing, noticed that she wasn't well. When they got back to the house, Je phoned Ju's doctor who suggested that it was better to call the ambulance and take it from there.

Sooz is out at the moment - having dinner at Mouse's with Da, his father, and his sister after their next meeting with the University to see what happens about his course. Given that it's almost my normal bedtime now, I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow to find out what happened there, if anything, and with Sooz's Mum ... and I can only think because there has been no call about Ju, it must be okay in that quarter. I hope so because I know Sooz will be beside herself with worry - especially since her mother is so far away. But at least she has let her brother know what is happening and if anything needs to be done, they can make a plan together.

It was a busy day at work again today - something to do with it being the end of month and time for the financials to be tallied again. You think that would be something happening the whole month through, but the way they work the accounts at Head Office, they usually come through in a huge batch ... you guessed it ... at the end of the month. Ideally, you want the invoices to come mid-month so you can work on the Claim to the client - and have that well in hand by the time you need to think about paying the subcontractors - and while the two are related ... and they are, this is a message our H.O. accounts people do not yet appear to have. Hopefully it will become better as the job progresses - although they only have 6 or 7 end of months before the project is due to wrap.

Be careful what you wish for ... it was dark when I turned into the lane this evening and it was scary to find witches hats up around the hole that's been cut in the road for them to do the Crater repairs ... and, luckily, that served as warning about the next one. I am going to go out on much of a limb here and say that it doesn't meet the Australian Standards, but, because it is on private land, it probably doesn't need to.

I meant to say the other day that M, although she had been less than lukewarm about going to the concert, really did enjoy Monday's performance by Raul Midón. He is well worth looking up on YouTube as an example of how talented one person can be - he plays guitar, bongos and sings all at the same time - and while that might be something you might expect to see on a streetcorner with a busker who is also clanging cymbals between their knees, this was nothing like that. Oh .. he also makes trumpet/saxaphone noises with his mouth as well - and if you weren't looking you wouldn't believe he didn't have an instrument!

Maggie was out again last night and despite persistent calls by me and by M when she arrived home, she had still not come in by the time we went into lockdown. But she did finally come in - just before 2 I was awakened by the sounds of a cat altercation and went out ... Tinka was looking out the front door and when I shooed her away so she wouldn't take the opportunity to go out, she took up a position on the table - looking out the window. I called Maggie and she came almost straightaway - although she kept looking over her shoulder, toward the garage, and in the end I had to scoop her up and carry her inside. She ran straight up the back and buried her head in her dinner bowl! Lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment