Monday, November 25, 2013

Friday

I'm a bit tired at the end of another working week. The others went off to the pub for a drink to celebrate the end of the week and Paul's birthday tomorrow - I was off to the Post Office and then home - taking my leftover lunch for Sooz for dinner. It was almost exactly what she wanted - she had been thinking about having a hamburger - but she was very happy with a chicken burger and some raw veggies she chopped up to go with it.

Maggie made herself scarce this evening when it was time for lockdown. Luckily Sooz was still awake when M came home and after checking if Maggie was inside (in the wardrobe, her new favouite place), M persisted with calling until she did come in. I would have before I went to sleep but I wasn't sure if she was in or out and by that stage I had done the shift from tired to cranky-tired ... not a good look ... and I was just grateful that Maggie would get a second chance to come in (if she wasn't already) when M arrived home.

Tinka has been sleeping in with me the last few nights - and coming straight back into bed after she has had her breakfast. She seems very comfortable in there and does't seem to mind that Sooz says that I'm doing a "cat steal" - although, as I told her, all I did was ask Tinka if she wanted to come in ... and she wanted to ... and I only asked her that first time ... all the other times were her.

Pearl is her usual self although she doesn't seem to be coughing as much at the moment ... although she is still making the equivalent of an old dog's noise when she lowers herself to the ground. But she is still coming for the walks up the lane in the morning - and I haven't been taking her lead up of late ... if there's a car coming, I call her over and she comes now ... she's much better than she had been.

The road was scraped back a little more today and it really is looking like a road works site ... except for the huge cranes and excavators and the PCBs (portable concrete barriers). M had JPs again today - and then lunch with Mouse and Azra - as per usual. Sooz didn't go into town today otherwise I would have given her my new Coffee Club VIP Card to use ... as it is, I'll have to christen it another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment