Monday, November 4, 2013

Sunday

It was the first 7am Skype call for this year with Tr this morning and while I had entertained the idea of getting up even earlier and trying to get a morning shot of the Jacaranda tree on Latimers Crossing Road, I reset the alarm and rolled over for a few more minutes sleep. There's always tomorrow for the photograph ... especially as the time I had in mind is the time I'm usually driving past on the way to work anyway.

Everyone was at the Markets early/on time ... no fines for us. Fl did go to New Zealand, so I was the Deputy Fl - while M was dubbed the "Deputy Princess" by Baba (since he always calls Mouse "Princess"). The good bread people weren't there today so we had to make-do with bread from another stall - it was good, but not exceptional like theirs!

There was much activity at the Markets - not just at the stalls but also with deliveries and bench constructions to the Turf Club itself - no doubt getting ready for Melbourne Cup Day activities on Tuesday. (Must work out how to run a sweep since it looks like L and I will be organising them at work.)

Sy brought along her gluten-free chocolate cake, with cream and the yummiest strawberries you can imagine - it's one of the desserts she's trialling for An's birthday party on Saturday. She's also doing a Summer Pudding and another, mystery, dessert.

Well, it was a fairly successful day today ... Sooz managed to find her bling for the party - including a shirt, earrings and a necklace. I didn't, but I did manage to get Mouse's puzzles completed, into envelopes, and handed to M for posting - and a new battery put into one of my old (favourite) watches. It's only been 10 years or so. Oh, and I did manage to finish An's birthday preso ... 19min29sec long. Sigh of relief, and much satisfaction. I just have to transfer it onto a gig-stick for their upstairs TV and to DVD for their downstairs one. I am very happy with it and think I managed to use just about every photo they gave me, and a few I sourced myself.

M was in this evening and when she wasn't having a catch-up tea or watching television with Sooz, she was having quick cat naps. She went out last night and I think she had a bit of a late one ... I don't know how she does it ... that, and getting up early to do the furries, and then still making it to the Markets on time to avoid the fine!

We were in lockdown tonight by 9:30 - the felines came in when called (the second time) - and I was grateful because I was a bit on the weary side too. Maggie went in with M - and when Tinka tried to as well, Maggie told her off - even though there is more than enough room for both of them in there. Last seen, Tinka was sitting out in the hall, next to Pearl, not quite sure where to put herself.

Nighty night Latimers.

No comments:

Post a Comment