Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Monday

Finally the light was almost right for the shot I wanted to take of the Jacaranda tree - the finished shot was a bit pale though ... not showing off the vivid purple of the bloomage ... but that's that photo editing is all about. This is the unedited shot :) Luckily no snakes made an appearance while I was there ... if I'd seen one they would have heard the scream back at Latimers! It was fairly busy on the road there though, amazing since it was only just after 6.

Jacaranda

When I was taking a moment to re-read what I had posted to the blog yesterday (looking for errors to correct), I chanced upon the comment about doing the Sweeps at work - otherwise I may have completely forgotten them. We decided on the prizes, which will be on a sliding scale depending on whether there are any scratchings (unlike most sweeps - you get your money back if your horse is scratched!). We're not doing a Special lunch or Insisting people wear fascinators or hats (or both). And speaking of hats, M was hard at work as a milliner when Sooz and I went to bed last night - getting her hat ready for today's Melbourne Cup lunch at The Big House. Good for her! Of course, I still haven't worked out what my bling will be for An's birthday party ... but there's still several days left before I have to panic!

Since Fl and St and Ni are away at the moment, An, Sooz and I decided to give Trivia a miss tonight ... and, instead, we ended up at the movies to see Sandra Bullock and George Klooney in the space "thriller" Gravity. It truly was edge-of-the-seat stuff in places as well as a study in misfortune ... and tenacity. Far-fetched? Yes, obviously, more than just a little but that's what movies are about ... the willing suspension of disbelief! Five of us went ... Mouse, M, Sooz, An and I. I think we all had different reactions to it - as you would think. I'm not sure Mouse enjoyed it that much but as M said, she'll go away and think about it - and then tell you what she really thought of it in a day or two.

I'd meant to mention the other day, when Sooz and I had been to the Indian Restaurant for dinner - when the waitress put our plates on the table, we must have looked what we were thinking, because she quickly said "They're not dirty ... they're just scarred".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment