Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Monday

Checking out the roadworks

I don't think I mentioned that when we were on the way into breakfast with M, Syl and An on Saturday morning, we were lucky enough to see the light rail in action - a tram was at the station outside the old Gold Coast Hospital and as we went past, it started off in the other direction. It was very exciting - and something we had been hoping to see ever since they started the test runs. Ma had seen it the day before Mouse's birthday dinner at TBH and I know that both Sooz and I were very envious that she had seen it. Alas, no photo to be had - I don't know what the penalty would be for using a camera while driving - but since I'd be using the iPhone camera - I guess that would be $300 and 3 points ... and definitely not worth the risk - not even counting the safety hazards involved with reversing on a main road trying to keep up with a tram while taking photos. I know they'd do it in the movies ... but count me out on that one!

Nicole - never a cross word

The road from B's down to L's has been dug out and covered in (beware: technical term approaching) road sludge - so we drove on the grass next to the road instead. There was one witches hat at each end of the section - which might have been enough to let us know not to drive on it, but really it was M's text message that gave me the best clue.

Trivia tonight was ... different. Fl was off at a concert at the Powerhouse in Brisbane with Lu, Mi and M. M was hesitant to go - because she hadn't heard of the guy but off she went like a good cousin!

Of course, since Fl was not at Trivia, one of the rounds was "Do you recognize me?" - and straight away, even without looking at the pictures of celebrities, who had had one or more facial features distorted, we could have answered NO. We did manage to get 4 out of a possible 10 - and had very wisely not taken it as our bonus round. We'd been doing really well up to that stage as well. Maybe next week will see us back on the podium!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment