Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday

How did Maggie know to come in to the bedroom last night? Was she watching to see when the electric blanket was finally going to make it from the box in the breezeway onto the bed? She wasn’t there to help make the bed with it so we’ee figuring Pearl must have told her! However she found out doesn’t really matter - just that she slept in on the bed last time - the first time in a very long time. She even went back in there after breakfast this morning - and given how cold it was - who could blame her. I think the weather app was definitely wrong this morning - there was no way it was 11 degrees at Latimers when I extricated myself from bed … this is definitely going to be the season of flanny PJs and Ugg boots! One of the good things about cold mornings is that Pearl stays in bed so I don’t have to watch her to make sure she isn’t helping the cats eat their breakfasts.

Sooz made it to Aqua again - and it was good she and An did because where has been some concern about the diminishing numbers in the class. The extra two should help with that though.

While Sooz and An were at Aqua, Syl was out at Latimers doing what she does. I think I noticed the grape vine had been cut back today - or at some point anyway.

Did I mention that there are horses back in Hermes’ paddock and the girls are refilling the water regularly again. Sooz had done a good job of keeping an eye on it though while they weren’t to lessen the chance of birds running into strife with it.

Syl and An had lunch with Sooz after Aqua - Ferry Road chicken and fresh bread. It really doesn’t get much better! Well, it would have been for me if I had been there too.

Pot plant

We were three at Trivia tonight - An, Sooz and I. When we rang Fl to see how far away he was, he said he had meant to ring to let us know he wasn't coming, but he hadn't. On the strength of that, we didn't take "Tools" (the picture round) as a bonus round. We didn't do too badly either - I think we were one point off third place. Of course, there was a little bit of a recap later and we agreed that we could have done just a little better had Fl been able to make it - especially since the first picture round was "Who Am I?".

Syl's jobs yesterday did include "pot" or, more precisely, "pot plant". I don't think this plant was out the back before, but it is now. It looks good too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment