Sunday, March 9, 2014

Friday 7 March

Happy Anniversary Sooz ...twenty-four years today! I left her a card and a small token this morning before I left for work. I gave her the real present this afternoon when I arrived home - although hopefully I will be able to find the actual tickets to the concert at some point. Who knew that the modern-day anniversary present for 24th anniversaries is musical instruments.

There was some excitement on site today with the discovery of a long brown snake. He, Ti and Ia went along to watch the snakecatcher at work. It was a something-or-other maybe something with "head" in it - brown but not a Brown but as venomous as a Brown. They all seemed to have a good outing - and, come to think of it, I could have given them my camera to take. So, the brown "head" is hopefully now on its way to a nicer life somewhere in the Gold Coast Hinterland - but hopefully not too close to us - or the star-gazing tourists who were there again on the valley road on Wednesday night as we drive back from Mouse's.

Syl came out to Latimers again today and is busy organising stuff in the stable - including polystyrene wine coolers which may end their lives as planter boxes. Is there nothing that woman doesn't think about?

Sooz and I had a quiet evening in - and supped on Chinese from Fast Fok (actually Wok) at the Q Centre. They were fairly busy this evening but it's always worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment