Sunday, March 16, 2014

Saturday

What a fantastic day! Today has been one of my best birthdays ever. I slept in for a while - listening to Sooz and M taking off in the Land Cruiser on their way to Deep Water Running before I decided I wouldn't have an extra long sleep in - just enough to let me think that it was a different day ... Saturday ... my birthday.

Kookie

M had taken Pearl for a walk before she left - but by the time I was ready to face the world, Pearl said she wanted another walk - so off we went, down the lane. I'd noticed the other day that the bushes outside B's shed had been trimmed back - apparently Jas' handiwork - and he has done a great job. It makes it look very different.

Breakfast was at Daniel Stuarts' ... Sooz had left me a note to let me know, so I made my way there and managed to read some birthday messages (and do some responses) before she and M arrived. As usual, Daniel's breakfast was wonderful - and we even broke out a bit this morning and had a side of hash browns as well.

B's bushes

Then, Sooz and M thought they were going to the MarchinMarch - but, true to form, where there had been misinformation for most of the week whenever Sooz looked at their website - it was wrong again this time. They had said it was to start on Chevron Island and go through to the Council's Chambers ... but when we drove past Chevron Island there was nothing there ... absolutely nothing to indicate that a group of Australians were going off to protest a Government which at times not to be acting in the interests of the people. So, according to the MarchInMarch FaceBook page - the Gold Coast March will now be held next Saturday in Surfers Paradise.

I left the girls to go home - M was going off to help Syl do things out at Latimers - while Sooz went off to rest up after her very intense DWR session this morning. Lars and I went off on a drive ... with no set purpose although, not surprisingly, we did end up going to JB HiFi, then on to the Botanic Gardens, then on to the Cemetery, lunch in Nerang, an Old English Toffee Choc Top from the cinema, before making my way home.

More Kookie

M was out by the time I got home - but arrived home soon after - with afternoon tea ... four different types of cakes - and a candle on top. Happy Birthday!

I hadn't left time for a nap though ... that was a piece of bad planning ... before we were off to Kirra for dinner and a dance at the local Sports Club. M drove - thanks M - and while that might have meant I could have another drink - I restrained myself to tea and soft drink.. It was a good night out though - and it was a much better venue than the Nerang RSL - especially since there was a large balcony to go out on - and a great breeze blowing off the ocean.

Everyone was tired by the time we arrived home - except Maggie who refused to come in when first called. She did in the end though - when I went out to whistle her for the third time - I was surprised when there was a little meow from the other side of the door - and Maggie was finally ready to come in. By the time she was in - and I went round turning off all the lights - there were snores throughout the house. It wasn't long before mine were joining in.

No comments:

Post a Comment