Sunday, March 30, 2014

Friday

It's getting colder at night now - or is that because of the rain - but I pulled the covers over me for the first time in a long time at some point very early this morning!

Two from the captioners this morning:

* That's mag sniff sin!

* 56789va (believe it or not - this one was supposed to be Stefa - or something like that).

It was another big day at work again - and I am definitely looking forward to the others being back. Of course, I could have made it a bit easier on myself by not having a late night last night - but you know me, I didn't want to miss out.

Tanker trail

If my eyes had been open, I may or may not have seen the damage caused when the petrol tanker rolled from the compound, over the road, through the fence and into the yard below. As it was, I didn't notice it and was surprised when someone told me about it. I had the chance to see it this afternoon as I was leaving - and yes, the truck had gone through the fence - it wasn't still there of course - a tow truck had removed it within half an hour of the incident. The driver was uninjured - and luckily no-one else was injured - when I think about it ... it could have been much, much worse.

Sooz cooked spaghetti last night and rather than taking it for lunch (as I had originally planned), I thought it would be good to have it for dinner this evening. I had a feeling I would be tired at the end of the day - and I was not wrong - and I wasn't wrong that the spaghetti would be great ... because it was. But even though I was tired this afternoon, I did manage to drop in to the chicken shop to pick up some dinner for Sooz.

M was just about to go out when I arrived home - but she'd had a busy afternoon - the rain had stopped for a while, and she didn't waste the opportunity to jump on ROM and mow the lawn when she arrived home from JPs and lunch with her Mouse and Az.

Sooz went out this morning too ... she went off to Bingo with An - and while they weren't WAGs this morning, I think they thought it was worth going to.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment