Friday, March 7, 2014

Tuesday 4 March

Seniors' Day at McCafe - buy one coffee get one free! Whoever would have thought they would come up with something that was better value than "double click Wednesday"? I sent Sooz a text to let her know, in case she and M were venturing out today, and we decided that she and I would go this afternoon after I finished work - I'd pop out to get her and then bring her back in - before I went home to finish my "homework" for tomorrow's meet with Anita. Well, that was the plan anyway but when I rang to say I was on my way, she said that M had arrived home with some Hot Cross Buns (they're fantastic if you just warm them under the griller and pop some butter on them) and we could have afternoon tea at home ... which we did. It was very thoughtful of her because it did mean I saved a bit of driving time - and it is wonderful sitting out the back in the afternoon just watching the Valley at rest.

Then it was on to the computer - ostensibly to do some of my "homework" but I was sidetracked into transferring some pics on to the Pendo. But it's good to have a break. But I do need to clean up my desk again - and reorganise it (and work out something to do with the "stuff" that's there at present'

I finally received feedback on my (non-winning, non-mentioned) entry into the Clique competition - Water. There were some fantastic photographs - just shows there are some really talented people out there - and it's made me determined to try harder for this month's competition - Monuments. The feedback was good - and informative - and I was impressed (a) that it came through at all and (b) that it was so fast.

Tinka was a bit naughty last night - or was it the night before? They all merge into a bit of a blur sometimes. As I was letting Pearl out before final lockdown - Tinka, who had been nowhere to be seen - came flying out of nowhere and forced herself out the door I was holding partway open for Pearl. And once Tinka was out, she wasn't coming straight back - so I ended up staying up a wee bit longer than expected to wait her in - she ignored the rattle of the cookie box, the whistles, the callings, the cursings ... and then casually sauntered up to the closed door (I didn't want Maggie taking a late night wander as well) and indicated that she would like the door opened for her. Lockdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment