Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday

It was a bit hard getting out of bed this morning - I really should have gone to bed when we arrived home rather than staying up and playing on the iPad. When the alarm went off, I thought about turning it off and grabbing a few more minutes sleep (I could always have a shower after the phone call with Tr) but I decided to stick with the program ... and I managed to be ready one minute before time ... it was that tight.

Mmmm ... cake.

The Markets were good this morning - even though the bread people are away again. Someone will need to talk with them aboutg their needing to be there more than once every fortnight! Sooz had picked up some multigrain break from another bread outlet and it wasn't too bad. Mouse had the usual accoutrements - plus a smoked cheddar which was very nice. And there was birthday cake - because my birthday weekend continues. It was pretty good too! Az had offered to make a Black Forest Cake but in the end Sooz suggested a cream and strawberry filled sponge ... she knows me well! Everyone seemed to enjoy it too. I loved my presents - including the Jumping Putty (like Silly Putty as used in Cocoon but this one bounces as well). Even Mouse had a go!

Jumping (Jacks) Putty

After the Markets, Sooz and I went to TBH, via JB HiFi where I needed to seek expert guidance on the cable I purchased yesterday - when I used it, it became wedged in the tablet ... but when he did it, it popped out nice and easy - so I had him show me the trick with it ... so I ended up not returning it ... but I've kept the receipt and we'll see if it remains "workable".

M joined us for lunch at TBH - Sooz had the Lobster & Prawn Special; I had a milkshake and the biggest plate of chips I had ever seen them bring out - which, luckily M helped me with. Sooz already had her own mountain of chips with the Special - so no help there.

Back at Latimers, we had a quiet afternoon ... Sooz had a nap - and I pretended I wasn't having a nap as I sat out the back and did some writing - and caught up with a couple of episodes of one of the series to which I am addicted!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment