Sunday, March 16, 2014

Friday

How busy is it at Zarraffas in the morning? It has been a while since I've been here and I'm here this morning (near Syl and An's) because I have an errand to run in Southport Park before I go to work. There has been a constant stream of people through here (Zarraffas) and still they keep coming. And the coffee was fabulous - as was the Raisin Toast.

Ribs Rumps .. Apron

What a busy day! I was working on spreadsheets today - and it was a mammoth effort. I realised that by the end of the six-hour-day I had put in, I had looked at almost 50,000 lines, trying to match delivery dockets and journal entries. There is still lots to do - but there was no more time today - I had to leave to get to Ormeau to see Co - and who knew there would be heaps of traffic on the way there? M had warned me that I could run into some on the way back - but I never imagined I would be weaving my way in and out of traffic on the MotorWay on the way there. I made quite good time actually - I left work on the other side of Nerang just on 20 to 5 and was there by 3 minutes past. And not once did I break the speed limit.

I was only a few minutes late getting back to Latimers afterwards - not leastways because I had dropped in at the pharmacy to get a script filled on the way. But we were ready (showered and changed) by the time Syl and An arrived. As my birthday present, Syl had offered to come and collect Sooz and I and drive us to dinner - so I (who doesn't drink and drive) could have a drink for my birthday if I wanted. She stopped short of wearing her chauffeur hat - and uniform - but they did bring the big car (they bought a Jeep) and even lowered it to help the shorter people get in. It was a wonderful gift and I had chosen the restaurant - Ribs and Rumps over at The Spit - because they have Dom Pedro's - a drink I had first had in South Africa when I went there for work a few years ago - a mixture of whiskey or liqueur blended with ice cream. They are as good as I remember. It was a great dinner - small - Syl, An, Mouse, M, Sooz and I - but very nice. It was the first time I have seen Mouse have ribs - and she seemed to enjoy them as much as Syl did! Apparently Mouse does love them - but she just never cooks them.

It's sometimes hard for me to accept offers of help - so I was glad that I was able to accept Syl and An's offer

When we arrived home, we managed to go into lockdown without having to stay up for hours trying to persuade the furries to come in. The moon is getting fuller by the day and we know this is sometimes a sign that the cats will want to stay out longer at night ... not sure what they do out there ... but they want the freedom to do it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment