Sunday, March 30, 2014

Saturday

For a moment there I thought I was going to have a serious lie-in this morning, but ... not this week. I at least had a bit of an early night last night ... and was pleased of it ... because I was the nominated driver for our drive to Brisbane today.

M and Sooz were up early - off to their Deep Water Running - and Sooz texted me on their way to let me know that breakfast was at Daniel Stuarts. It was good that I knew that ... because while I was on my way in, An texted me to confirm where and when for breakfast.

Before I left home, I gave Pearl the rest of her cookies - expecting that she wouldn't touch them. She's been cautious about her new cookies - I've seen Maggie eat more of them than Pearl! But she wolfed them down ... and I found out why later ... they're not the old new cookies. Pearl has new new cookies! I think the old news are slated for return to the vets ... or M may be finding another home for them.

Daniel Stuart's was wonderful as always. And then, without further ado, we were off to Brisbane - deciding that we would rather be early and have a drink at the Powerhouse rather than run the risk of getting caught in traffic along the way.

The movie was a documentary - and a good choice by An who we left there ... she was getting a lift with a friend to meet Brisbane.

Gelato ... yum

Before we drove home to the Coast, Sooz, M and I stopped for lunch along the main drag and even though we thought we wanted Vietnamese we ended up having some Asian fare at a pub we found, before we called in at a Gelato Bar for an ice cream. It was very nice.

Back home - in time to do the furries (and that was a bit of a surprise), I settled in to do some work as the girls watched last week's Doc Martin (which explains why I couldn't quite work out what time it was ... it finished at 8:10 rather than 8:30).

And then it was an early night for just about everyone at Latimers ... although I did stay up later ... just putting the final touches on my filing and sorting - to be able to get a head start on what we're doing at the office on Monday!

But I still had to set the alarm for the morning - otherwise I knew I wouldn't be awake nearly in time for the call with Tr. The good news is that this is the last time the call will be at 7am for me (until October at least) because Daylight Savings Time ends next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment