Monday, March 24, 2014

Saturday

There was no chance of a lie-in this morning ... I had to hitch a lift into Surfers with M and Sooz (on their way to Deep Water Running) after we left Lars outside Mouse's last night. That was a good decision though because I felt too tired to drive home and it was almost like M was reading my mind when she offered as we were about to leave Mouse's.

Nerang RSL

I had been planning to complete my entry into this month's Clique challenge - Buildings and Monuments - while I waited for them to finish their class and join me at Daniel Stuarts for breakfast - but I ended up taking tram shots instead - and I'll select the best of them to send off to P.

While I was wandering around Southport, An texted to see if we were on for breakfast - so it was a nice surprise for the girls to find her waiting at DSs with me.

LYPO

Saturday afternoon was devoted to errands - including cashing in my birthday points at the now-almost-not-there as it is definitely under construction Nerang RSL - before I scampered home to have a rest before we went out tonight. Yes - that's out two Saturday nights in a row! Heady stuff! And it was: dinner at The Q Centre before we headed off to The Big House for the Laugh Your Pants off comedy night. We were right about not eating at Spinners - it was packed. People have discovered Fl's secret parking area - which is a shame since we could usually get a park quite near the entrance. LYPO was incredibly funny! How do they put together a lineup like they have - knowing who to put last and first, which act leads into which - and how to sustain the momentum? We did laugh ... and it was only modesty that prevented me from LYPO especially with The Kransky Sisters and the Umbilical Brothers ... and while you would think that would suggest some familial restraint - I heard more F words tonight than I have heard in all my years of driving - and that is saying a lot!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment