Friday, March 7, 2014

Wednesday 5 March

Punctuation is important. Bikies are threatening to out gay - or as that "outgay" - people on the Gold Coast as an intimidation tactic. Hmmm ... intimidation or blackmail?

I broke with tradition this morning and limited myself to one coffee on "double click Wednesday" - usually I have two - which gives four free clicks - which equals one free coffee - not quite as good a deal as Seniors' Tuesday I admit, but definitely something.

Ka came today - early - so the girls had a chat with her before they set off for Breakfast and then Bingo. I'm not sure where they sat at Ferry Road but Sooz said they didn't have access to the newspapers there because that part was "full".

Birthday Cake

M and An had small wins at Bingo - and it was apparently very exciting when An was one off the $1,000 jackpot ... until a woman at the next table called it first.

I met An after work again to do more application preparation. I managed to finish my short form all-purpose resume at work at lunchtime today so I can start sending that out now. Most of our session today though was spent recapping the conversation she'd had with her mate Le who works with Queensland Health. There was some great intelligence there - and there's now a bit of work to do familiarising myself with the one website that is the gateway to employment at Queensland Health.

Dinner tonight was at Mouse's - Purple Carrot Soup (yes, seriously - very yum), vereniki (slightly crunchy - extra yum), salad (yum yum yum) and ... wait for it ... because we had to after the wafer thin slices at M's dinner on Friday night ... Ice Cream Birthday - minus the candles of course!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment