Monday, March 3, 2014

Thursday 27 February

They have new uniforms at McCafe - Jo was wearing one this morning - and it is just one of the changes since new management took over there. Another one is that they have “countrified” -with gingham and dishes - the display cabinet.

But some things don't change and that would be the captions. Today's choice: They are a little bit skit tissue. I am to the stage where I think I am going to need to have the volume up do I can have done of knowing what it's all about - some days I am so busy reading and trying down to copy down the best captions and I have no idea of the context! It was another busy day at work and even though all three of us in the office had agreed early in the day that we would eat the lunches we had brought in, when the girls rang (they were off doing a final property inspection on the house we have leased for some staff) to say they were at the Noodle Box Pacific Pines - getting lunch - I caved incredibly easily and put in my order for Hot & Spicy. I think the trick is to stop taking money to work with me … although I could always take the leftovers home for Sooz (if I didn't forget them - which I did!).It was TBH tonight and as soon as M and I arrived upstairs (after dinner at the Q Centre on the way in; calling in to Spinners to see Mouse and her visitors; and The Great Swipings) I steered us towards the Roulette Table (which they thankfully switched back from being a $10 one to its usual $5 status) where the numbers were both kind and unkind - but good fun. I am amazed at how fast table play goes though when you're trying to copy down numbers, work out what will be next, place bets, copy down numbers, have your drink … good fun though and definitely an intellectual challenge!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment