Sunday, March 30, 2014

Thursday

The captioners were at it again: Many more famous faces offer their dullset tones (to the new Mr Peabody and Sherman movie).

It was a day of faces today. On the way into Nerang, along the Latimers road, there was a face in the mob ... actually a lone kangaroo, sitting on the side of the road. I slowed down to an almost stop and watched it bound back towards the fence. It's a while since I've seen a kangaroo in the morning - and it was a nice start to the day.

PieFace

But there were more faces ... as I was out and about at lunchtime, I dropped into Pieface for lunch ... and now that I've been there, the name makes sense.

And then what could have been a familiar face dropped into the office - he started out by asking if I had a sister by the name of We - and I said yes, with more than a little surprise in my voice I think, and he said "you don't remember me do you?" - and given my lack of facial recognition skills - that isn't at all surprising. As it turns out, he was the oldest son of my sister's ex-husband. He's grown a little in the 12 years or so since I've seen him. He was just 18 then and adulthood certainly does make a bit of a difference to a boy.

Then another face ... a bird came in and sat on top of the reception desk ... that was a bit of a surprise - we know they often hang out in the crib room - but this was the first one inside. It's a shame AC and Le weren't here to see it.

Then a decision at quitting time ... how much do I want to go home - do I want to face the weather? I was standing under cover, still deciding how wet I wanted to get (where else would the umbrella be but in the car?) when I heard Jess call "Run" and in the end I decided that was what I had to do because there was no telling how long the rain that had lasted all day would keep falling. I walked quickly instead.

It had been raining most of the day at Latimers too - but not enough to stop Ja coming and M helping her in the yard. They stopped only when they were trimming the poinsettia tree and a branch fell the wrong way ... and from this, we know that the frozen peas did make it back into the freezer the other day - and they did a good job on Ja as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment