Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Monday

I knew I was going to Brisbane for training today but I didn't realise until this morning that I would be driving. If I had I would have made an earlier start because by the time I finished what I needed to at the office, the training session was due to start in 20 minutes. Usually I would have stressed about being late but as it was totally outside my control it wasn't an issue. Now, if only I could start doing this in the rest of my life that would be a huge plus! By the time I braved the traffic - and there was heaps of it - and been over the Gateway Bridge a couple of times (when the GPS said turn right - who knew it should have been at the second set of traffic lights!) I managed to be be just over an hour late.

It was a lovely day for a drive though - nice and sunny and not too hot (thanks to the air conditioning!). Thankfully there wasn't nearly as much traffic on the drive home - actually to the Club because rather than going out to Latimers and back in again, I just went straight in and did some work in the relative quiet of the Palm Bistro before the Trivia crowd arrives.

And speaking of Trivia - we were one down as An has an early start to PI in the morning and decided to have an early night. I suppose that is sensible but we could have used her as there were no Winners are Grinners at our table tonight. We were, though, only three points from Victory. Those points translated as Gardening (not fishing), the SeaHawks (not the Broncos) and. Blue (not White). They weren't the only ones we had wrong but they were the answers we debated the most.

Last of the cake!

We are not sure where she finds the time but Ni had baked again and even though we couldn't correctly identify the flavour, it was fresh out of the oven and extremely tasty.

The furries were ready to call it a night when we arrived home - as were we once we found out the power was out. I checked the Energex website to confirm the outage and another update was due to be posted just before midnight. We thought it would just be easier to go to bed and leave the lights on (and electronic devices) so we would know when the power was back on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment