Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday

It was the usual morning breakfast routine for the furries this morning ... Pearl went out (and I closed the door after her), Maggie went out, and Tinka stayed in to have her breakfast and her shot. I also had my breakfast this morning - and did so under the scrutiny of Tinka and Pearl - both of whom obviously thought they should be the one to have my left-over milk ... not something they have any chance of most other days of the week where breakfast for me is Raisin Toast at Maccas!

After I was finished, it was time for Pearl and I to go walking and I said to her "come with me and then you can have some cookies" - but obviously all she head was "cookies". I had to go outside and get her lead and show it to her before she would even deign to think about coming outside.

Tinka - ready for dinner

I would have sworn that there is a new fence around the Mothers' paddock of Larry's. I took a photo - and then compared it with other photos I have of horses in that paddock - and it (the fence) isn't new at all. Hmmm. I would have stayed for a closer look all the way along if we weren't getting sprinkled on ... and as it was, we did make it to B's and back without getting wet. But it did go a long way to explaining why it was so dark this morning! I know we still have a few more days before it starts getting lighter again, but today seemed to have gotten much darker than the same time yesterday. It is amazing what a bit of cloud cover will do.

I'm thinking cloud cover is not the reason the kookaburra was doing a B's cats and playing chicken ... with a death wish. I am usually too busy watching the road along that stretch - not thinking that something will come into my line of sight at windscreen height - but there it was, flying right across the road in front of the car. I slammed on the brakes and managed to miss it but truly I think there was only a tail feather in it!

It stayed cloudly, overcast, and even a little wet for the rest of the day. We had the discussion (you can't go out and look until people have cast their vote) about whether the noise we were hearing was rain or a truck out in the carpark on the gravel. I was right ... it was rain.

Ma offered me the chance to do some overtime tomorrow, but I declined ... in that I won't go into the office but I have carried some things home with me (what I call the "problem children") to give me a jump on next week - without me having to give up my Saturday (or ISSF Kindy at the Pistol Club).

Sooz had a text today ... her new glasses are ready to collect, so we'll need to drop in there at some point during the weekend.

The rain means we won't see the full moon tonight ... so it was just as well we saw it yesterday. Co, having seen the photo on FaceBook, sent a note saying that we won't have another full moon on Friday 13th until 2039. And, as I said to Sooz tonight when we were talking about it, if we both do make it, I'm willing to bet that it will be overcast then too.

I'm not sure what Tinka was doing beforehand but when she came in for dinner she had the dirtiest paws I have ever seen on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment