Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sunday

Skype call with Tr. They had been to Vivid (Sydney's festival of lights) - and yesterday before the auction she sent us a photo of people standing in front of a giant rabbit - one of a - what is the collective noun for a group of rabbits? - bunch of them under the southern end of the Harbour Bridge.

It seems that Mi - who did go the Markets - didn't let the others know that we weren't starters for today's session. We had errands to do - before Kezza arrived - the most important of which was investing in a Scrabble set so we could play with her this evening. And, because I thought she and Sooz might enjoy watching Q&A tomorrow night, we also went out and purchased a new television set. Why do they call them television "sets"? And Scrabble "sets" for that matter.

But even before we got to do that, we called in to Ferry Road for morning tea and some shopping. Chicken was definitely on the list - and Sooz also saw some proscuitto and melon that wanted to come home with us.

The "oddest" moment at Ferry Road though was when we were at the Children's shop and were looking to see what Scrabble Sets they had - we'd already bought one at Target but I thought they might have something a little less plasticy - and with a board with recesses for the tiles. Sooz, who was walking in front of me, stopped and picked up a toy doll - boy - from a pram. She proceeded to tell me it was "anatomically correct". Of course, I had to know how she knew; and she told me she had "felt" it because that was not as strange as pulling its pants down to check would have been! Only Sooz could think of that.

We met up with Kezza and her friend Di at the North Burleigh Surf Club - we were not alone. It was incredibly busy there but we still managed to get a table - and one near the window overlooking the beach. Splendid! There were lots of board riders out and about - you wouldn't have thought it was the first day of Winter! Just think - only 21 days until the days start getting longer again - but they have to get shorter first.

Scrabble letters

We had a quick call with M on Skype this afternoon. She has been trying to contact us over the last couple of days - but with no success. Just as well she caught us today thought because they are off on the Mediterranean cruise tomorrow - starting from Rome. It should be wonderful - and hopefully M won't have any trouble with seasickness -- hopefully none of them will.

Syl was out at Latimers when we arrived home after lunch and she was kind enough to help me move the now-not-working television and install the new one. It is amazing how much smaller the new one is ... but it serves the purpose. Sooz can finally get back into Foxtel and see how many of her programs she's missed because she hasn't been able to watch and delete them.

Not that anyone was watching this evening ... we were Scrabbling ... and we ate dinner (anti-pasto - thank you Woolworths and Ferry Road Markets) as we played. I'm not saying that I had the worst hands - but I think anyone who saw them would get the idea that I was pushing it uphill for a bit of the game!

Syl was quite busy this afternoon ... she also managed to get on to ROM and take a spin around the yard. She was then asking about Hermes' paddock but by that time it was too late for her to even start to think about that. I was a bit disappointed that she had ROM'd of course, I had been looking forward to doing it this afternoon when I arrived home. I would have done it this morning but the grass was too wet. D'oh. Will I ever get on ROM again?

As I went to bed this evening, I couldn't help but wonder what that thing was that M saw run under the couch when I was taking her on the virtual tour of the house this evening. Thankfully the big spider hasn't moved and I think that I will be keeping an eye out for it over the next few days ... just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment