Thursday, June 5, 2014

Wednesday

Note to self: Remember to take a different way to work in the morning. There are roadworks on the way to Maccas - they have reduced the traffic to one direction only and are doing stop/start traffic on the remaining lane. I don't understand why they do roadworks during the morning peak (who knew I would ever consider 6:50am to be "morning peak").

It wouldn't have mattered but I was running a bit behind time ... I decided I didn't even have time to take a photograph of the cows silhouetted against a bank of mist.

Who wrote the play the Merchant of Venus? Close - but not the morning captions on television - it was Spida on the radio reading out the questions/answers for the Gold 92.5FM's Trivia Minute.

It was nice not to feel like I had to have an early start at work today. It's still end of month but we're up to accruals now- or a-cruels as Sooz calls them.

Alas, I was too late home to take Pearl for a walk this evening, I had planned to be home earlier but I dropped in at the shops on the way home for a few thing including some Pearl mince - she needs it since she's finished Mouse's care packages. Sooz had been cooking today - rhubarb, chicken Soup - and she was going to cook sausages for dinner: but who needs sausages when there's fresh chicken soup. We ate as we watched Master Chef. I know we had said we wouldn't be watching MasterChef in real time - too many ads - but we did tonight - for a while anyway. There are still way too many ads.

Offspring is on tonight - and Sooz is watching it while I catch up with the first episode of Fargo. I shouldn't have been surprised that it's as violent as it is (Fargo not Offspring). I seem to recall the movie of the same name was a tad on the violent side as well ... and wasn't something with a wood chipper?

Kezza's shoes

I did see the giant spider again yesterday - on the wall - above the doorway (space) between the kitchen and the living room. For a very long moment, I considered whether it might be thinking of trying out a bungee jump. Hmmm. Walk faster! It's gone now though. I wonder where to ... and yes, I did shake out my boots thoroughly before I put them on this morning ... I'd left them in the kitchen overnight - which reminds me that I'll have to get another pair of runners - I had a blow out in one of them on Sunday. It's just good that I wasn't going around a corner at speed when it happened.

Maggie's glad the television is back - she gets to sit with Sooz on the couch again. She also had a sit near Kezza while she was here - and word has it she also had a Raki treatment. She purred through hers!

It's a shame M missed Kezza - she would have liked her ... especially her shoes - as captured in the parking lot of Maccas where I dropped her for the changeover.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment