Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday

Again, it was dark as Pearl and I walked down the lane this morning - and because of that we don't know when Walker #3 joined us. We only saw them as we were walking back - I noticed a dark shadow and couldn't work out what it was. Out came the iPhone (for the torch) and as we approached, we saw that it was Maggie - half way up the lane by the time we found her. It had just started to sprinkle and I asked her if she wanted to come back (because she really should!) but she went to head off in the other direction ... so I scooped her up and carried her back to the house ... and popped her back on her couch. That's definitely something you don't see every day ... Maggie down the lane - although Sooz says that their territories are a lot bigger than we realise but at this rate Maggie is going to be sleeping with the horses - just as well we make sure she's in at lockdown.

It looked different on the way down the lane this afternoon day - and we saw piles of wood in the Mothers' paddock - so the challenge was to work out where the wood had come from. It didn't take long once we noticed the tree was missing from the corner of L's yard closest to Latimers. It will be interesting to see if the wood ends up as a bonfire. There would be absolutely no question of it if it were B's.

It's amazing how quickly they can take a big tree down. I'm sure it was still there this morning as we drove out. Sooz was with me, I was giving her a lift to work - a bit early I grant you, but we were able to find her a coffee shop where she could while away the two hours between when I dropped her off and when she was due at work! She had marking to do so that kept her busy, and, of course, there was breakfast to be had. I was just sorry that I couldn't stop to have it with her but work was calling and I was amazed that I was only 15 minutes late. Yes, I could have been there a few minutes earlier had I not stopped at Zarraffa's for my morning coffee - but that wasn't going to happen. They have one of the longest drive thru queues at the Worongary store; it's not the best organised and you can't even park and run in-store to grab your coffee because the drive-thru queue blocks the car spaces - so you have to sit in the drive-thru queue but luckily, it does move along. And, you know, their coffee is good ... and I'm looking forward to it on the other days I drop Sooz off to work.

We are slowly getting through the pile of invoices at the office - and the challenge is to not get overwhelmed as they keep coming and coming and coming. Today I handed Ch one of the most-boring-tasks-in-the-world but also one of the most rewarding ... and at the end of it she was so excited about the result that she declared that she really had to get a life ... it's okay to get excited about a spreadsheet ... but if that's the highlight of your day ... well ... some would say that's not necessarily a bad thing - but apparently Ch is not one of them.

It was MasterChef with the furries again this evening - Sooz had Maggie (the wanderer) and I had Tinka. Pearl chose not to watch this and was asleep half on-half off her rug.

Sooz had a good chat with M tonight. Mouse is not terribly well (but is improving) and it looks as though they may be delaying their return. We'll find out more after M has been in touch with their travel agent and they're able to start locking in some plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment