Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Monday

"I can be your Katherine help burn." And so the captions on the Today show continue.

Everyone was asleep when I left for work this morning - except Pearl who was waiting for me to give her the rest of her breakfast cookies - but that's a job for Sooz.

Why does it take longer some mornings to get through the morning routine? Pearl and I didn't go on our walk until nearly 6:30 and by that time I'm usually long gone!

An is back from her reunion weekend in Sydney and came out to pick the girls up - to take Sooz to Aqua and to let Kezza explore the pool surroundings - Ferry Road and Southport Park. Then An gave them a lift back - and they all - including Syl - had lunch at Latimers. Who knew there was an Aldi at Southport Park? And that Aldi has a great blue cheese?

It is getting closer to Syl and An's Melbourne departure date and at this rate I don't think I will see them again before they go.

At Trivia tonight, two teams scored 77 - and we weren't one of them. It is the best score that they've had here since we started playing a couple of years ago - and for two teams to get it on the one night is astonishing. We had a passable score of 70 which ordinarily would have guaranteed us a place on the podium - but not tonight.

Kezza at the Club

The Fl post-mortem suggested we could have made six more points - but not to be. I think Ke enjoyed herself - and the booing over one of the answers certainly gave her a flavour of the game.

There's only two more weeks of play before St and An set off for France. St is going a little earlier - taking part in a bike race - I think we're calling it the Tourette de France (which of course led to a lot of inappropriate conversation when we thought of it at Trivia).

Tinka

I couldn't believe it when Ke told us after Trivia that she had never played a poker machine before - and we were just a little surprised when she fished a coin out of her purse and popped it into the machine. We gave instructions, as best we were able - it's not easy explaining the intricacies of a poker machine to a novice - it's not like you just have to push a button or anything ... it might seem like that - but it's actually more complicated than that - as we realised as we took Ke through the steps.

After Aqua this afternoon, when they got home, Ke gave Sooz a Raki treatment. She enjoyed it very much - and so did Ke who almost went to sleep herself as she was doing it - and she never does that! We can only take her word for that though - because I think I was mostly asleep when she did me yesterday! It was the strangest feeling - not be asleep - but when she had her hands on my face - and they were absolutely cold - and I had thought that Raki was about heat. Hmmm. I felt good afterwards though - which is my excuse for not doing better in the Scrabble match. Tinka was in on the bed when I was having my Raki - and she seemed to enjoy it as much as Pearl did this afternoon - she slept near the bed as Ke was doing it.

I watched them all go off to bed tonight as I stayed up to get some work done - part of the End of Month accounts - that I would be doing at work tomorrow if I wasn't having a later start - giving Sooz a lift to Ashmore and then dropping Ke off at Robina so Di could pick her up to take her to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment