Monday, June 2, 2014

Saturday

Sooz was still asleep when I left this morning. I'm hoping she slept well last night because she has been more than a little anxious about today's auction. It is, afterall not just our first auction but also the first time we have sold a property.

Syl - shooting.

Otherwise it was a fairly standard start to the day - except it was an hour later - and already light - by the time we were "up and at them"! The furries were in no hurry to get up this morning and I had to call both cats from their beds for their breakfast! Then, breakfast eaten, they went straight back to those beds! Mind you, it's not looking to be one of the nicest days here on the Coast - it's dawned cloudy, cool and a little rainy. That would make it a perfect day for a DVD in my book - if we didn't have some Supermarket shopping, and shooting to do.

I tried out the German bakery, Devour, near Spotlight, this morning on my way to the GCPC and it wasn't bad. I'm not used to having ham and cheese croissant for breakfast but they didn't have anything as boring as raisin toast.

Syl came out this afternoon. She'd stayed on at the GCPC this morning for "The Match" while I left early to make sure I was home with Sooz for the auction. It was an auspicious day for an auction, with 888 properties up for auction this weekend in Sydney, 88 of which were in the Inner West. Ours went well thanks I think to the excellent people we had on our team, the great advice we received along the way, and the amount of worry that Sooz has put into the exercise. We were both happy with the result ... more than happy actually.

I can't believe how wet today turned out to be. I was hoping to get in a mow but it was way too wet for that. At least the grass in the paddocks is getting a good soaking, and the garden beds that Sooz is going to re-plant in a minute.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment