Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday

Well, I thought I was going to ISSF shooting this morning - but I was wrong. It wasn't on. Rather than turning around and going home I decided to try out another discipline - IPSC. Now while that actually does stand for something, the other guys were razzing the IPSC folk saying it stood for "I Prefer to Shoot Closely".

Rainbow lorikeet

I came 5th (out of 9) in this morning's shoot - not bad for my first time I thought. It was very different from ISSF. The ISPCs are the ones who do the shooting from behind barriers and running and dropping empty magazines as they go, and reloading at pace. While the IPSC actually stands for (something) Practical Shooting Confederation, I'm not sure how "practical shooting" equates with what they were doing but I'm sure it somehow makes sense.

Embankment 1

While ISSF usually goes until well after 12.30, it was just after 11 when we finished on the range. It was straight home then to pick up Sooz so we could go into lunch at The Big House. She'd had a slower start to the morning but still managed to get some washing in ... there was a workshirt hanging near the grape vine when I came back round the side of the house when I arrived home.

Rainbow

There were loads of folk at The Big House so it was just as well Sooz had gone in a bit earlier to wait in line for a table.

Sooz had the Salmon and Prawns Special again - but it wasn't as good as it was last week ... she said she thought it had been sitting on The Pass for too long ... and thanks to MasterChef I knew what she was talking about.

Embankment 2

While we were at The Big House, we had a little play - Sooz on the machines and me on the Rapid Reel. We'd agreed on a two-hour limit but at the 1.5 hour mark, I was happy with how I'd gone (and feeling a bit tired from concentrating) and decided to call it. Sooz didn't object and when we arrived home, with a storm gathering over the hills, she started bringing in the washing - and I took the opportunity to take some pictures of some white galahs in one of the trees ... and then we noticed the double rainbows - and then the rainbow lorikeets. It doesn't get much better than this.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment