Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday

It was so strange not going to the Markets this morning - not because we didn't want to but because they were called off - not totally - but all the others were watching the World Cup Soccer instead. So, we took the opportunity to go to Robina shops instead so we could pick up Sooz's glasses (they look really great!) and take a wander around the shops and see about doing our bit for the economy.

Before then, though, it was the call with Tr. All is well in their part of the world - I think - I must admit I was doing more than my usual share of talking this morning ... and asking her for some technical advice regarding file sharing for Android . It was good catching up though - we hadn't last week because they were on the Central Coast visiting mates.

We took M's car out for a run today - and I remembered to take a photograph of the number plate in case I forgot what it was when we went looking for it in the car park after we'd finished our shopping. We almost made it to The Coffee Club to use my VIP Club card - but that will have to wait until next time.

Newly ROM'd lawn

The good news is that I finally made it back onto ROM this afternoon. It has been months and months (September last year) since I have been on it - and I didn't realize until I was on it and zipping around the yard, using my headphones rather than Sylvia's orange ear muffs, that I had truly missed this. It wasn't the world's best mow, but I think it was okay ... and if there are snakes around (please let it still be too cold for that) we would definitely be able to see them without having to put those oft-talked-about flags on their tails.

We saw some kangaroos on our way back from Robina this afternoon - off the Motorway - a couple of them just there in a paddock. This was the first time I had seen them there - and I don't know we would have noticed except for Suzanne looking out the window, in their direction, at that point. It was a thrill though.

MasterChef was on again this evening and the furries took up their stations - Maggie next to Sooz, Tinka next to me, Pearl on the floor - to watch ... and learn. The guest chef tonight was Marco (Polo) Pierre White and he will be with the contestants for the rest of the week. Hopefully we will tape those and won't have to watch them in real time with all the ads that that brings with it.

We almost had a Skype call with M this afternoon. The iPad rang but by the time I picked it up and unlocked it, the ringing had stopped. I took the iPad into Sooz - for when it rang again - but it didn't ... and the call we made to M was declined. It would have been great to catch up but, as we know, bad news travels fast ... and there isn't any.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment