Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday

Bedtime at Latimers

It was dark when Pearl and I went walking this morning - except for the moonshine - which meant that both Pearl and I had moon shadows. Sooz and I had been singing about them only last night on the way home.

I had woken up at one stage during the night - after I heard an annoying ticking noise - which I never did find out what it was - and while I was up I was extremely grateful that the stable lights over at B's were still off - otherwise it means that there isn't much sleeping time left!

I dropped Sooz off at Maccas this morning, early, before I went on to work. She had a bit of a wait for Je but she had marking to do, and breakfast to eat, so she didn't mind. They were off to Brisbane today - and it turned out to be quite a long day - so Sooz was pleased, and a little surprised, when I turned up at Ashmore (where they ended up) just as she walked out. I was pretty stunned by the timing as well, especially since I had inadvertently taken a wrong turn along the way and, as it turned out, arrived sooner than I thought. Meant to be I suppose.

We went straight from Ashmore to the Police Station in Nerang - to see about getting Sooz a new "permit". She has her Blue Card, but there are apparently new rules in place and she needs to get one to allow her to work, alone, with older folk.

There was a message from Je on the ansaphone when we arrived home, wanting to know if we wanted her to come tomorrow or Thursday. Sooz rang to let her know.

Tinker was on the couch with us again tonight and while it would nice to think it was us she wanted to spend time with - it's more to do with MasterChef - or possibly the roast chicken we had for dinner. She came around while we were having pizza last night as well. Even though that wouldn't suggest so, Sooz has been doing a bit of cooking of late - and some nice dishes. The big bonus is that there have been leftovers for me to take to work. Yum.

She's also taken to baking apples and they are marvellous as well, especially now she has an apple corer to work with, I still don't know what that kitchen utensil she used that first time was -but it really wasn't an apple corer!

Maggie is very much enjoying having Sooz's flannelette shirt on the back of her couch. It's hard to tell if she actually spends time anywhere else while we're not here. Sooz is moving Pearl's bed between the bedroom and the living room each day and Pearl is using it in both areas. She (that would be Pearl) seems to be enjoying House Rules (currently nearing the end of this series) more than I am. She is a good guard dog - Sooz went outside this evening and Pearl heard the door close. She was up like a shot, barking and rushing to the front door! She even insisted I open the door so she could make sure we were safe!

I'm surprised that the cat litter has lasted this long. I only had to get the new bag yesterday - and no-one offered to help - not even the cats and they're the ones who use it! That being said, though, they've been pretty good about making sure they attend to business outside, I really appreciate their efforts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment