Saturday, June 21, 2014

Friday

L's sans trees

Well, it was L's trees - and it looks virtually naked in his front yard without them - and that's in the pre-dawn light ... it looks stark otherwise!

Even though I left work on time today, I didn't get home until after dark - but that wasn't too bad as I saw the bats milling over the Gilston Road roundabout as I drove through. There were lots of them - and they didn't seem to be going anywhere fast.

I had stopped in at Coles to get some mince for Pearl ... and I'd also called in at the Post Office to see if the Friends have sent any more mail to M. They hadn't - but that didn't mean there was no mail there. There were a few letters - more than S and I received.

I think Sooz was glad not to be working today - although it wasn't that she wasn't doing things - she was - including baking an orange cake! And seeing people ... it was a bit like Central Station at Latimers today .... first Mac's man Richard turned up and he spent some time working on the embankment. He was good - he let Sooz know when he arrived - and then when Pearl went over to spend some time with him, he was nice to her. Some folk say you can tell the measure of a man by how they treat animals.

Next Mu dropped in to go fishing down the back today and asked Sooz is she ate fish - if he caught "too many" he was going to drop some off on his way out. Alas, or at least, he caught one mullet - and that not big enough to leave part of. Just as well Sooz and I had already planned to have chicken and corn soup for dinner tonight.

I learned something today ... while I was listening to the equivalent of factual "muzak" as I waited to pay a work paint bill. Did you know that if an asteroid was hurtling on a collision course with earth, you would do better to paint it white than to send up rockets to blast it to pieces. That's what they said anyway. They didn't say, though, if it should be a particular shade of white or if there was already one called "asteroid deflector white".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment