Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tuesday

It was dark again this morning when Pearl and I sat off down the lane - Am hadn't been down the lane yet so the gate was still closed What a beautiful sunrise - and Sooz was awake to see it too. We both were because we were on our way to Varsity Lakes for Sooz's work - or more correctly for her 2-hour break in the coffee shop before she went to work. Again, she had marking to do so she was able to while away the time quite well. I wonder, as she does this, whether Sooz can see the attraction coffee shops in the morning have held for me over the years.

I had a text from Sooz during the day saying she would be finishing late - but that meant she wouldn't need to go back on Thursday to finish up ... but, later still, she again texted to say she was back to finishing at the usual time. Either way it wasn't an issue - as she knows, I get there as quickly after 4 as I can. And, truthfully speaking, the later we were the less time there would be to wait at the Fast Wok for dinner. I was fairly sure Sooz would want Hainan Chicken - but I was wrong. I was torn between Laksa and ... everything else and in the end Sooz made the decision for me ... she's good like that ... especially as she sometimes (make that often) knows my tastes better than I do,

MasterChef seems to be the program of choice these days - it is a much better this time - more like the original series. Of course, House Rules is running a very close second ... and Sooz is enjoying it very much. Tonight, I chose to watch Ice Age: Continental Drift instead - I had forgotten how good it is ... Precious! And who knew Rebel Wilson was in it?

Sooz is dividing her time between the two couches so she gets to spend quality time with both Tinka and Maggie. They are both spending the night on their respective couches and it is only Pearl who is in with us.

The big news on the Gold Coast today, besides the starting work on a Mosque in Worongary - is that tourists are getting confused by the Light Rail - they are trying to catch it. That's a no-no though ... the Q is still in the testing phase and passengers are not allowed. Day One Go Live has not yet been announced and, in the meantime, the powers that be are suggesting people read the signs at the stations more carefully so they know what's happening.

The big new on the Gold Coast tomorrow will that be the Syl and An are back from their caravan trip to Victoria.. Sooz should see them when they bring the van back - either tomorrow or the next day. Other visitors expected on the morrow include Ka - which means Sooz may have a busy start to the day getting the house ready for her arrival.

I don't think we've had any frosts here yet but it may not be long because the temperatures are taking a steady dive. Hopefully when it happens it won't be so bad that the grass crunches under foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment