Sunday, June 15, 2014

Saturday

There are two types of people in the world - those who file in front of the tabs and those that file behind. We only get two choices in some things ... and filing is one of them. I finally made it down to clear off my desk this morning and I found a few papers that needed filing - the first ones in the expanding file ... but how to file them? Ah if all of life's problems were so insubstantial but, alas, that's not the way it is.

The horses were a bit spooked this morning - running, rooting, neighing. I couldn't see what it was but Sooz suggested it might have been because the wind has come up and, like Pearl, it is not their favourite thing. I didn't mention that the other day, when Pearl and I were doing our walk, we realised that with just a little more attention to colour arrangement, and a couple more colours, B and his lot could have made a very proactive statement!

Horse of a different colour

Pearl was on alert this morning ... which is to say she wasn't and she slept through Keith driving into the yard, getting out if the car and getting halfway to the front door before Pearl realised! He had come in search of a fitting: we have thousands of them up there - he said, pointing to B's - but not the right one. Finding it, he added, would save him a trip into Nerang. He also commented that the avos are almost ready. It will be interesting to see who gets them first - the bats or Pearl.

Blueberry season is just around the corner but is late this year. The price has gone up too … Now $15 a kilo - but not just from our guy - it's going to be an across the board increase. I would think this drink in the middle (as long as it isn't "Smurf") will be in shorter supply going forward).

I decided not to go shooting this morning - it was raining when I woke and knowing that the range, while "indoor" is actually not, I decided not to risk going and not getting to shoot. So I stayed home and pottered instead, hence the filing ... and, yet, I still didn't find my shooting licence application form on my desk ... nowhere. But I did realise I was missing a folder - no surprises here that it was a yellow one - and finally, as we were getting ready to go into Broadbeach, I checked the car boot one more time - and there it was!

Then we were off to Broadbeach and The Big House for lunch. It was good - and not just because - with M's vouchers (thanks M) and my 10% discount - we ended up paying $1.05 ... yes, that was $1.05. Bonus. Sooz really liked the Salmon and Garlic Prawns (mashed potato, asparagus and hollandaise sauce) special - and her Treacle Tart (piled high with fruit and cream) for dessert.

Then, it was on to the Gaming Floor. Sooz wandered off to play on a machine while I headed for roulette on the Rapid Reel - and then wandered back at one stage because a machine had eaten her money. So engrossed was I with the numbers that when she came up, I jumped - and absolutely lost my concentration. I'd like to say I got it back, but I didn't really.

Did I mention that Sooz has made some wonderful meals over the last few days - there was the steak (yum) and then she made casserole - which smelled - and was - absolutely divine. The furries were paying extra attention both nights!

We had planned to have a game of Scrabble tonight but we didn't get there - Sooz was watching "Last Tango in Halifax" and I was watching some invoices and dockets for work.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment