Monday, June 23, 2014

Sunday

Don't you hate it when you set the alarm an hour earlier than you should? I must have had a brain freeze is all I can think. At least I was able to go back to sleep before it was time to get up and do the furries. I was still up earlier than usual on a Sunday so I was able to take Pearl for a walk before the Tr call.

The Markets were cancelled today - the Turf Club was hosting a race meeting instead. Of course, since Bosnia was playing in the World Cup at 8am, some folk wouldn't have been able to make it anyway. Unfortunately their support did not help enough and Bosnia may not make it through the round.

Sooz and I took the opportunity to go to breakfast at Ferry Road - Sooz has been missing it with both M and An away. Rather than doing the usual coffee and rolls, we went to Spendelove. It was good - and certainly much faster than going to the Markets ... but, except for Sooz, the company was nowhere near what we're used to. While we didn't have bread for breakfast (toast doesn't count) Sooz did buy some epi for later.

We thought about Sooz doing a movie this afternoon but there was nothing on at the time that suited ... so after breakfast - and a little shopping at Greenhouse's 40% off sale - we went home: Sooz did some washing while I intended to write a couple of letters but actually fell asleep in the sunshine. It was fabulous even though it wasn't for terribly long (that's my story anyway).

I kept the camera out hoping the lorikeets would return today but I don't think they did. But while Sooz and I were sitting out the back waiting, we did watch to check the grey-water hose is working properly (the machine was on) and that I did fix it properly. It was and I did.

Numbers

Az phoned this evening to see how things are going and if we'd heard any more from the travellers. We told her we hadn't but expect we will once the new travel plans are locked in. It's amazing that the planes are so full coming back this way. Mind you they will start to get full going the other way soon ... it's only five weeks now until Az and Mi head off overseas themselves.

I don't think I mentioned that as Sooz and I were having lunch at The Big House yesterday, we noted that, oddly and for what reason we do not yet know, that the sugar sachets have numbers on them. A superstitious person who believes in things like "air conditioning" might have been tempted to use several of those numbers, randomly drawn from their container, to select Numbers to play on a table. Hmmmm ... 26 and 14 were well-represented.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah 26!!! So who is missing numbers??? But am glad the roulette gods were kind to you!! Great blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete