Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Monday

Lars does not have a tow bar! I remembered that just in time before I lowered the garbage bin on to it. I had tied the bin lid shut of course, so I wouldn't have lost all the rubbish - but there was always a chance something would fall out - and we couldn't have that since we were on our way to Trivia. That was the plan anyway - but you know what they say about plans! When we arrived the streets surrounding the Southport RSL was absolutely full - even the carpark was full - which didn't stop people (including us) trying - since we kept seeing cars coming out ... not realising that they were the cars that had just gone in, circled and then come back out. So, we decided that we'd give Trivia a miss - and told Fl as we were driving out and he was going down to circle the carpark before he went home to his empty house - well, empty in terms of Mi, because she is currently in New Zealand. The last time the Club environs was this busy was when they were having the Kokoda Challenge orientation session a few years back. I think that was the year Syl went in it.

Ni & St's room - with fire

When we called Ni to let her know Trivia was not on - she invited us to hers so we could say goodbye - and hello to Cl who is looking after Chez St & Ni while they are away. Ni flies out tomorrow for France with the immersion students. St is already here - he left on Saturday. While we were there, we met her cats - who are not allowed in the room with the new couches by themselves because one of them has taken to marking its territory on them. We had met them before - but they were more relaxed this time.

I will never ever work out the moon. I know that sounds defeatist and like I have already given up - but I think I have it and them I realise that I don't - and that I'm not even close. The moon is no longer full - it has a "reverse crescent" and as we drove home tonight, I tried to work out why it was so. I'm still trying to work it out. That and Manchester. Where does the word come from? I was thinking about it today because where we were out at Robina yesterday. Sooz bought some new Manchester - flannelette sheets. I was thinking about it this morning ... does it refer to the days when women took dowries with them into a marriage, and they would keep the items for their dowry in a special place, in a chest, for when they found their man ... so they had items went into their "man chest" and each one of those was a "man-chest-er". Well, I was intrigued enough to look it up ... and found there wasn't an entry for Manchester - as in linen - but there was for Manchester - the place. Hmmm.

Anyway, the sheets are absolutely wonderful - and more wonderful because Sooz found them on special. Tinka would be in the bed rather than on the bed if she knew how fantastic they are. Are not just because they are blue and striped.

The furries are all well - although Maggie is getting bossier by the day - and night. She has been muscling Tinka out of the way at meal times - and even tried to spag her the other day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment