Friday, June 27, 2014

Thursday

I think it is getting ever cooler in the mornings but there has still been no frost sightings ... yet ... but there is a nice steam that floats off the top of the grey water hose when it's running.

They're always full days at work these days and as we near End of Month yet again, it still feels as though we are working at full pace ... and there's a reason for that!

Lemon tree ... very pretty

But it's good that there's no time to be bored ... leastways that's what I keep telling myself.

Pearl was much better today but nevertheless Sooz kept a close eye on her to make sure she was okay and not showing any signs of discomfort. She was definitely symptom free by the end of the day - so much so that we asked her to come up on the couch with me this evening as we watched MasterChef. She tried a couple of times but couldn't get the right angle, but in the end, as soon as I stood up, she jumped up and went to settle in ... until she realised that I was on the way to the kitchen ... and then she had to go too, just in case something fell off one of the plates. It didn't.

Jane came today and she was suitably impressed by how Mac's man has been transforming parts of the yard. I'm not sure what she did (I am not always the observant one) - but I do know that she did prune the lemon tree. It certainly needed it.

M Skyped this evening and it was good to be able to tell her that Pearl seems okay. It is hot in Turkey - over 30 degrees, M was planning to go swimming after the call - and the pool certainly looked inviting enough. Mouse is feeling better and they have now set a travel date for their return.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment