Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday

Sooz came in to Nerang with me this morning so Je could pick her up from Marcas. I had to leave her there otherwise I would have been late for work... and, as we all know, it's still End of Month.

Maggie

Meanwhile, back at Latimers, we had a late night visitor - or Sooz did because she was awake until nearly 4.30 this morning. It's just as well she had a great sleep the right before otherwise she would have been more wrecked than she was. Still she made it through the day mostly awake. But back to that visitor: at sometime very early this morning, Maggie came in the bedroom, jumped on the bed, tracked across Sooz's pillow over to me, then saw Tinka, and went back the way she'd come and then back out to the lounge room. I reckon she'd love to stay ... but she won't if Tinka is there. It works with M I think because she can have one of them on either side of her.

It was another day of not getting home in daylight. I'm going to have to work out what to do about getting Pearl some more exercise. I could take her up and down the lane a couple of times in the morning - and I think I'm going to have to start doing that - at least it's light still at the moment. And it's certainly very pretty with the mist hanging over the valley - I keep thinking that one day there might be gorillas but at the moment it's just horses!

... In the mist!

And speaking of light, thank goodness Sooz was with me this morning. She gently reminded me that I would be able to see through the glare of the sun (and therefore not risk running us off the road or running into something) if I put on my sunglasses ... and she was so right. Yes, I know someone else told me that once - but, truly, I had forgotten!

Sooz was in bed by 9 tonight - and I was surprised that she had made it that long. When I picked her up from Zarraffas this afternoon, I was sure she was going to be asleep before we arrived home.

It seems like there has been a change with the bee hives down near the (don't do it) snake drop-off point. There are now very few double storey ones - and they look a bit sparser than they did.

It was funny driving along the road with Kezza the other afternoon. Sooz had been telling her that we sometimes see kangaroos in the paddock off to the right - and they looked and didn't see anything in the first paddock - but then Kezza saw them! It was pretty amazing.

Sh from work surprised AC and I by bringing in a treat for us yesterday. He had been to Brumbys and picked up his "favourite" (a scone "infused" with white chocolate and berries) and picked up one for each of us as well. It was absolutely yum ... just as he had said it would be. He's a nice bloke ... especially when he does his "Superman" stance - you can just imagine a cape flying out behind him. When he was younger, his grandmother made him a Superman suit - and then made him another one for wearing in Summer - because the other one - akin to a track suit - was just too hot - but that wouldn't have stopped Sh from wearing it!

A system errror ...

Well, the caravan has gone - and even though Syl said they were going to come out early - they still hadn't arrived by the time Sooz and I left home. Sooz sent them a "good caravaning" text but by the time she called it a night, she hadn't heard back from them.

At breakfast this morning, as we thought about our travelling friends, we went to a site to see if we could tell which cruise Mouse and M and the others are on - and we found what we think was it. However, when we went to follow the link to find out more on this Costa ship - we were greeted with this message (see picture) which we thought apt (given the Costa line's boat-related issues/mishaps over the last couple of years) although unfortunate - and a tad inconvenient!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment