Saturday, May 3, 2014

Friday

Well, that was a good walk spoiled. I coaxed Pearl out of the house this morning - it was still dark - and it turned out that was for a good cause. Red sky at night shepherd's delight, red sky in morning shepherd's take warning. Well ... I didn't expect it to be that quick. There was a storm off to the west, complete with thunder and lighting. Pearl and I had made it about a quarter of the way up the lane when the raindrops started falling on my head (and Pearl's) and we turned around and quickened our steps to home.

It was an interesting day at work today - "interesting" as in "may you live in interesting times". I'd been in for about an hour when Le came by my desk and said that today was her last day. Well, that was a bit of a surprise on some level - that it was so fast - but I had been saying to M and Sooz only last night that I thought that she was thinking of leaving. So, it will be interesting to see what happens now ... how fast they will be able to get a replacement and who that is. See, interesting times.

Dinner was at Mouse's tonight and it was marvellous. She had cooked rice soup - with loads of stock and vegetables in it so M was able to save me from most of the rice as she served. Then vereneki - some stuffed with cabbage, some not, a garden salad, and a Ferry Road chicken. then, as though we needed anything more after our cups of tea, Mouse produced some chocolate which had to be eaten as it hadj ust reached just reached its "Best By" date - yesterday. So, of course we had some rather than see them go to waste.

By the time we arrived back at Latimers it was quite late - the owl had even gone to bed ... obviously it isn't an all night owl. And neither are any of us apparently because none of us was long out of bed except me - because I hadn't opened the door wide enough as I was getting out of the car, I twisted my leg and it went into cramp ... which left once I stood up properly ... only to come back when I walked through the back door. l hobbled down the back and read some news headlines and checked the mail on the iPad until my leg uncramped. Tinka liked the captive audience ... more cookies for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment