Sunday, May 25, 2014

Friday

Balloon over Nerang

The balloons were over Nerang again this morning; they were amazing against the clouds backdrop.

The HO folk were able to go out on site today to see what happens out where the excavators meet the roadbase. They enjoyed it - and it was good they were able to go today because Ka is back at Head Office on Monday, and Br finishes with us at the end of next week. With their help, we have been able to make good inroads into the backlog - there's still a way to go though, but we are getting there.

Well, there was no Big House again this evening. I had left it up to Sooz as to whether she wanted to go or not - and she thought that I would go anyway. How wrong she was! When she told me she didn't want to go, my heart sang! There's always tomorrow … but even I know that that will have to be it because I am definitely running out of days to do M's points pick-up.

But we did go out to dinner …. just closer to home. We took ourselves off to the Advancetown Hotel - which wasn't having Trivia tonight so it was okay to go without fear of getting swept up in the excitement. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be given it has been taking the slack since the RSL has been under redevelopment. The menu is very different now especially with the "2 for $20" they have during the week. I hadn't even given the Hotel a thought while Sooz was away - that just goes to show how tired all work and no play at work makes me a person.

The furries were in fine form today although little Tinka is still not a fan of the ear drops. They have been making good use of their tray - and they continue to drink water as though we are about to go into a very long drought!

No comments:

Post a Comment