Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tuesday

Another busy day. And that was before I arrived at work! Pearl came for the walk down the lane this morning and I was very proud of her. I had walked ahead because she was in the middle of something, and when I turned back to check on her, there was a car coming up the lane. She was off the road at that point - and I was pleasantly surprised when she didn't wander onto the road in front of it - something she has done on other occasions. After that, I didn't mind that she chased it up the lane to where I was waiting for her. She's found something interesting in the horse paddocks to the left on the way up to B's both yesterday and this morning. There doesn't appear to be anything of interest up there - to me, but obviously I don't have Pearl's superior sense of smell.

Jo was missing from the line-up at Maccas this morning; she'd developed a toothache on the weekend, spent Mother's Day crying with the pain, until she could finally get in to the dentist yesterday morning. He's suggested a root canal and even though Ly says the best thing to do would be just to yank it out, it seems Jo has not yet made that decision. Hopefully she will be back on deck tomorrow - even she wouldn't want to miss out on "Double Click Wednesday".

What did I say yesterday about rain? When I turned off the main road this afternoon, the first thing I noticed was dark patches on the road ... rain! It hadn't rained at work but from the wet patches and the puddles of water still around, you could tell that it had rained quite seriously! Sooz was very pleased because she had been holding off on watering the garden - which really does need a good soaking - as the forecast keeps being for "rain". I am stunned though that it could be so wet here and nothing touched Carrara - a story we are used to hearing more in the reverse - because it's supposed to always be wet in Carrara.

It was another hectic day at work - but it could have been busier ... some of the functions of the new Financial system are not working as predicted and in the end I sent Ka back to Head Office/home because there was nothing left for her to do until we know the entire system is up and running again. Hopefully that will be tomorrow because there is much to do.

Sooz cooked pasta tonight ard it was wonderful; I am looking forward to the leftovers for lunch tomorrow - but that wasn't all; she also made apple turnovers - yum! Ard as if that wasn't enough, she had also ironed my work shirts. (Thanks Sooz!)

I left Sooz to do lockdown this evening - once I'd finished the kitchen ard cleaning up, I called it a night at 9:30 - not even having a Milo! I did call Tinka though, but when she didn't come I handed the responsibility to Sooz. She must have done well because at one stage during the night, I moved my feet in bed and Tinka was there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment