Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Monday

Trivia. We were our usual team again and while we weren't on the Podium at the end of the evening, we came a credible equal 5th. It could have been because we made bad choices about our doubles rounds, or that we didn't interrogate our answers closely enough, or maybe just because between the 6 of us, we just didn't know the answer. Anyway, it was good to have all the folk back, and I think I can safely say that a good time was had by all. Especially me as I won a free cake and coffee when I swiped my card tonight.

It was a busy day for me. I took a trip up to Ormeau at lunchtime to see the Doc and what I thought would take an hour and a half (or so) ended up taking closer to two and a half hours. I phoned before I left Nerang and she was on schedule ... but between then and the time I arrived it went pear-shaped because I ended up waiting just over an hour to see her. I tried to do something productive as I waited but ... it's good to relax too! Especially as I had spent the morning getting Ka and Br set up with what they needed to do for the day - and checking back with them to make sure there were no issues. But the delay did give me time to get my thoughts in order and write down the five things I needed to talk with her about. (It's been a while.) My arm is still tender from where I had my flu vaccination.

Even though there have been multiple predictions fo rain for the last few days and for the next few as well, nothing has yet eventuated - and that's a shame because when M mowed the other day, she had hoped it would so the grass wouldn't burn. Unfortunately it has a little. She'll probably have time to fit one more ROM before she sets off. As it is, Syl has overtaken her now with the whipper-snipper-ing. She was out here today while the girls were off at Aqua, doing a bit of a tidy-up. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it today because it was dark when I arrived back at Latimers.

No comments:

Post a Comment