Sunday, May 25, 2014

Thursday

It was a bit of a later start this morning - not that I had missed out on sleep - but I think I didn't sleep as deeply as I do when the others are around. When the alarm went off this morning, I snoozed it, and then the next time, I snoozed it again. It's not often that I turn the alarm off twice - especially on a work morning.

Pearl didn't bark through the night - but if she did, it wasn't loud enough or long enough to wake me up. There was no missing her barking this morning though … B's people had one of the vans out, taking hay to the horse - and Pearl was standing outside the back door barking like there was no tomorrow. She did well!

Balloon over Nerang

Or it may have not been the van - it could have been Pearl telling me that there was a bee in trouble out the back. I found it when I went to check the water bowl … the bowl was off its stand (it was okay), there was water spread over the tiles, and in the middle of it … a bee. I gave it the hose to hang on to, moved it over to dry tile, put it down, and it righted itself. I left it there to dry out as I refilled the bowl and moved on to the next one.

There were balloons over Nerang this morning. There have been a few lately - it must be the season for it.

It was another busy day at work and its not going to be any less so tomorrow. It's time to get some reports out of the system; that should be a very interesting exercise.

Sooz arrived back from the Sunshine Coast this evening. They had a good trip and achieved lots, but she was a bit on the tired side when I collected her from the drop-off point so we made a joint decision to give The Big House a miss tonight as well. At this point, there's always the weekend.

Sooz took a couple of photographs while she was away - one of them shown here. The likea pandanas pine or two.

Tinka is still wary of me since I have been doing her ears and even with Sooz back it doesn't look like she is going to let me off the hook. She slept in on M's bed again last night! I keep telling her it's "for her own good" - in a nice way - but she doesn't seem to want to accept that as a reasonable excuse for invading her personal space!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment