Sunday, May 4, 2014

Saturday

It's a fine day to try something new - in that the rain has stopped - and I'm off to do something new. Shooting. It's not everyone's cup of tea. And who knew that it wasn't Sooz's cuppa. But she's happy for me to go - and An is happy for Syl to go ... which is great because I really enjoyed it today. It's not a place to joke around though - I'd decided that long before I got there ... even taking a moment to wonder about the clothes I'd wear. What does a shooter wear?

Bullseye

So why did I enjoy it? I think for me it's about accuracy. I was very happy with my performance - and so was my range officer (we shared one between two) - is this the first time you've shot a pistol - it's very good ... but when he offered me a rapid shoot of 10 bullets, I said no, preferring instead to shoot them in my own time to see how close to the bulls eye I could get. Was it beginner's luck that saw me get a bullseye? We will find out next time hopefully. And the good rhing is that we have now done the safety course and now something about safe gun handling. And they are guns or firearms ... not weapons - only criminals use weapons we were told by one of the instructors!

We took much longer at the Pistol Club than I'd allowed for when making a booking for Yum Cha today. We had to change it twice and the second time Sooz did a good job of changing the Yum Cha time and letting M and An know. I was calling from the range (at the pistol club, not to to be confused with the one at Toowoomba) where I know you aren't supposed to use your mobile - so I moved as far off the range as possible and called her to organise the rest. Thanks S! And it was a nice Yum Cha - not up to Sydney standards but not bad, not bad at all.

Something or someone seems to be taking bites out of Tinka. There were some fresh sites tonight - above her right eye and just near her left ear - so Sooz and I put Vaseline on them. We are going to have to keep an eye on these - and any others - to make sure they don't get infected. It's odd though because even though she's been showing up with scratches on her nose, the new ones don't look like scratches, they look more like graze or gnaw marks.

Maggie was in a funny mood tonight -she couldn't decide whether she wanted to be inside or outside. So Sooz and I took turns - or tried to but we lost count - letting her in, letting her out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment